Ross Hayward presented the presidents report
- The next section of the shared pathway was completed between Heath St and McNee St
- Last years Sandcastle competition was a great success - thanks to Richard Fisher for organising it
- The community association participated in several Art on the Path events – it was noted that it might be too frequently run and losing its punch.
- Bay to Breakers swim was jointly run with the Surf Club – it was noted that there was a great atmosphere
- Riff Whiz another community fundraiser is on this weekend
- The association acts as a conduit for the community to council.
Treasurers Yearly Report to 30 June 14 by Lindsay was received and accepted
General Account $4,930.07
Shared Pathway Fund $22,028.43
President – Ross Hayward
Treasurer – Lindsay Boyton
Secretary – Dan Lloyd Jones
A move of thanks for outgoing committee was passed.
· Marie and Bill
· Fran and Derek Anderson
· Barbara Roberts
Minutes of 13 November Meeting
With sadness it was noted that Dolores McGarry had died last week, wife of Bill McGarry who was a past president of this association.
· Council will construct a pathway along Annetts Parade from Beach Road to Surfside Avenue. There was a strong objection to the new footpath only being 1.5m which is too narrow as a shared pathway. The committee will contact council to further discuss this.
· It was noted that the priorities identified in the recent Council’s “Funding our Future” brochure do not align with the priorities as understood by the Association. The committee will contact council to discuss this including the extension of bikepath from the windsock to the North Head camp ground.
· Sandcastle Competition. Richard Fisher has completed the various council forms for running the event. It has been moved to the morning to accommodate the low tide. The building component of the competition will be from 10:30-11:30am with registration running an hour before. Broulee Surf School will be providing the insurance and we will be asking the Surf Club to provide 2 first aiders.
· The Tomakin Association will be running Carols by Candlelight on the 6th December.
· Tony and Jayne Harrison from iGA Tomakin are generously donating money to the BMPCA from their Community Chest fund.
· The Councils recent Rate Increase proposal was discussed. It was recommended that people put a submission into council if they have concerns about this.
· The Sea Level Rise proposal is up for review at the council meeting next Tuesday. People were urged to make a submission to council if they have concerns about this.
The next meeting is 7pm Thursday 5th February
· Ross Hayward
· Barb Wells
· Geoff Wells
· Ron Evans
· Barbara Evans
· Jane Radclyffe
· Ted Radclyffe
· Daniel Lloyd Jones
· Peter Dunn
· Trish Eccles
· Ed Gilmour
· Karen Gilmour
· Diddy Needham
· Richard Fisher
· June Carter
· Andrew Bain
· Lynn Bain
· Lindsay Boyton