- S & D Needham
- E Anderson
- Barbara & Ron Evans
- Julie Klugman
- Bernadette Davis
- Andrew Constance
- A number of our members had requested an update on the Candlagan Creek bridge project. Thanks to Warren Sharpe from Council who provided the following update:
Tendering and commencement of work will be dependent on budget decisions yet to be finalised by Council. If Council determines in favour of proceeding, we will schedule to go to tender late this financial year with a view to construction occurring in 2015/16.
- Membership renewals are due for 2015. A renewal form is available on our website
- The Community Association is looking for members to volunteer at the Broulee to Breakers Ocean Swim which is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year. We need people to help on the evening of Saturday 7th March @ 5pm before the event to help pack the competitors bags and then on Race day @ 8am for registration on the morning and help with the finish. Marie will be the commentator again this year. Please let us know on email@example.com if you can help out.
- Thanks for all the help with the Sandcastle competition particularly Richard Fischer for a huge effort. Council was very helpful in assisting Richard through the approval process. BayPost and Canberra Times gave great coverage. Around 2000 participated and it was a great day had by all. Please see the photos and report.
- Broulee and Moruya Public Schools are having a Fun Run on Broulee beach @ 5:30pm 20th February. All welcome to participate to raise funds for our public schools. Thanks to Surf club for providing equipment and First Aid.
- The general consensus is that Art on the Path is too frequent. We will be contacting council to discuss how we can reinvigorate the event
- It was noted that Council might be reviewing the rules governing dog access on the beach. We will contact Council to find out if they are reviewing the policies. It was noted that the current signage is confusing and does not cover all areas.
- It was noted that the Batemans Bay Post ran an article that the Broulee master plans has been put on hold until the special rate variation has been finalised. [Read the article here]
- A clarification from Lynn on the recent announcement by our local member that the BMP Dunecare was awarded $99,000. This money is to be shared between South Durras, Congo, Burrewarra Point for the protection of endangered ecological communities.
- One of our members suggested that Council should install reflectors on the new footpath section on Annetts Parade as it can be difficult for drivers to see at night.
- It was noted by some residents that cars traveling west down Candlagan Drive find it difficult to find their way to George Bass Drive and wonder whether additional signage could help direct traffic out to Train St via Zanthus Drive.
- One of our members has contacted council to raise an issue with the steepness of the curb on the old footpath at the corner of Beach Road and Annetts Parade.The concern was that mobility scooters could get wedged on the curb.
- Clean Up Australia Day is on Sunday March 1st. You can create a site or join one of the existing cleanups at on the CUA website. The Broulee Womens Boardriders have organised a cleanup at North Broulee on the Saturday and there is one registered for MossyPoint Boat ramp on the Sunday.
- It was noted by some of our members that the big seas 2 weekends ago had partially exposed the whale carcass that is buried down near Sandmines.
- It was noted that some of our members might be interested in a recent article promoting the Eurobodalla and the South Coast Sea Planes on Seven Weekender TV program. [Read the article on the Bay Post here]
- One of our members has posted a video promoting the Broulee Runners group on YouTube. [view here]